Review provided by Johnny (Plan B Screen Printing Hawaii)
If you’re interested in an affordable hotel that’s right on Waikiki Beach, then you’ll definitely be interested in this Shoreline Hotel Waikiki review. This hotel used to be known as the Seaside Hotel Waikiki, but then it was renamed in 2013 after new owners spent more than $3 million in renovations. It looks so much different now, and way better than before.
The first thing you’ll probably notice is the retro vibe of Shoreline Hotel that will remind you of the cool bits of the ‘70s. The era inspired the architecture, the colors, and the various décor around the place. It’s not so much decadent as it is relaxed and trippy.
You’ll be relieved that the rooms are very affordable, and they’re all what you would expect of nice hotels in terms of cleanliness. You can pick a room with a city view or with a partial ocean view. The Partial Ocean View Queen has a queen-sized bed, a large shower in the bathroom with marble countertops, and premium linens, pillows, and towels. There’s a work desk along with wood-accented modern furnishings, as well as 1970s-inspired artwork. The Wi-Fi is also complimentary.
This is a no-smoking hotel, and no pets are allowed unless they’re service animals.
- It offers a very relaxed atmosphere that’s really conducive for a nice stress-free vacation.
- It’s only about 5 minutes away from Waikiki Beach.
- Even the smallest rooms feel nice and comfy, and the bathrooms aren’t cramped either.
- There’s a pool on the rooftop open from 8AM to 7PM.
- There’s even a small business center.
- The Wi-Fi is free.
- You can get free coffee, tea, or cold drink at the lobby.
- The people there are very helpful and friendly.
- There’s no fitness center.
- There’s also no spa.
- The pool doesn’t have a lifeguard and there’s no ADA access to it.
- You have to pay for valet parking, and there’s no self-parking garage.
- There’s no complimentary shuttle, but they can arrange for transportation to and from the airport.
The Shoreline Hotel Waikiki offers 125 rooms of various sizes at affordable prices, and there’s a very good chance that you can get a reservation. It feels like you enter a different era when you come into the hotel, and immediately you’ll feel carefree and relaxed. Seeing the retro furniture and décor can really put a smile to your place.
This doesn’t really offer much in the way of extras, but you’re not supposed to spend all your time in the hotel anyway. Go down and get a fresh cup of coffee, and if you want you can enjoy breakfast at the Heavenly Island Lifestyle located in the hotel. You can also discuss with the staff your dining options for later at other nearby areas.
From there, it’s just a 5-minute walk to the beach. It’s also just 2 blocks away from the famous Kalakua Avenue and its various tourist attractions. Shoreline Hotel Waikiki offers a convenient home base for your sightseeing, yet while you’re in the hotel you’ll also feel relaxed and stress-free. The affordable prices help too!